Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Cream Cheese Pie
- 1 8oz. cream cheese
- 8oz. (1/2 pint) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar
- 1 pie shell (I prefer Oreo or Nilla wafer)
Gather all your ingredients
Combine everything except the vanilla extract
Beat everything together and add in the vanilla extract while beating.
You will need to beat the filling until it's REALLY thick. I'm not sure how good this picture will be in helping, but it needs to be super thick. So thick that you can make tracks in it and they will stay. If you don't beat it enough, the pie will be very runny.
Scoop the filling into the pie shell
Smooth over evenly, and you're done! You can sprinkle chocolate chips, heath bar, sprinkles, ect over the top if you'd like. I personally like it better plain. I think adding stuff makes the texture weird, but that's just my opinion.
While cooking, it never hurts to wear a super cute apron like this one I got at Williams-Sonoma this past summer!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
"Amazed" by Lonestar
"Have I Told You Lately" by Rod Stewart
"From This Moment On" by Shania Twain and Bryan White
After listening to all of them, Jeff really wanted "From This moment On" and when I really listened to the lyrics, that was the very best song for us! It makes me teary now when I listen to it because I imagine my future first dance with my husband at my wedding!
What did everyone else have as a first dance song, or what would you want?
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
* Boneless chicken breast (however many you want/can fit into the crock pot)
* 1-2 cans of cream of chicken soup (1 if you're doing 3-4 breasts, 2 if you do more)
* Frozen corn
* Potatoes (again, depends on how many people you're serving this to, I usually use 2 larger ones for Jeff and I and it's too much!)
* Put the cream of chicken soup in the crock pot and mix with 1/2 can of water (if you use 1 can of soup) or 1 can of water (if you use 2 cans of soup).
* Let the chicken and soup cook on low for several hours
* About 2 hours before you want to have dinner, put the potatoes and corn in and cook on high
* I usually make rice to go along with this and spoon the crock pot dish out on top! Yummy!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Jeff and I chose our first dance song last night, and now I get teary every time I hear it...
Monday, November 17, 2008
On a completely different note, I am going to copy Kimba and ask if any of you are on Facebook? If so, and you want to be friends, e-mail me at Missie1284@gmail.com and let me know how to search for you!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook this season? Well, I don't know how to cook much, but I will be making a lemon pepper chicken dish I recently discovered, a yummy creamy chicken dish in the crock pot, and a yummy chicken pesto pasta dish! Notice a pattern? I only know how to cook chicken!
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Butter and salt.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? Oh man. I have burnt so many things. That's usually my problem when I bake a dessert. I have also been known to overcook chicken.
5. Favorite pickled item? I don't like pickled items.
6. How do you organize your recipes? They're in a disorganized mess on my computer
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Trash
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)? Chocolate chip cookies, chicken parm, my mom's tortellini dish!
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? All the yummy sweets my mom used to bake!
10. Favorite ice cream? Cookie dough
11. Most loved kitchen appliance? My stove I guess. I can't wait to get my KitchenAid Mixer from our wedding registry! I have a feeling I will love that thing!
12. Spice/herb you would die without? Garlic
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? I don't really have any cook books yet! I need to get some!
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Strawberry
15. Favorite recipe to serve to an omni friend? Hmmm. It's very rare that I cook for someone, we usually do takeout, but I'd probably do my creamy chicken dish in the crock pot because it's easy. Actually, I will be making that meal for a bunch of friends on Wednesday!
16. Do you eat tofu? I've had it before, but I don't eat it regularly.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? Dinner because I actually have time to cook it and I love making a nice meal for Jeff and I.
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? A pen
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Lean Cuisines, Chicken Breast, Waffles
20. What's on your grocery list? It's pretty long. It always has milk, chicken, soda, 100 calorie packs, and oatmeal on it.
21. Favorite grocery store? I love Stop and Shop, but out of convenience, (it's on my street 2 seconds away) I go to Shop Rite which I really don't like much.
22. Name a recipe you'd love to try, but haven't yet. Pumpkin Pie
23. Food blog you read the most. I don't read food blogs
24. Favorite chocolate? Milk is the only type of chocolate that I like
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? Nothing too crazy here.
26. What vegetables do you enjoy most? I hate most vegetables. My all time favorite is zucchini, but I also love corn, broccoli top, and squash. That's about it.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
These are the flower hairpins I will have in my hair at the wedding. They're from Everything Angelic
My garter. I ordered two so I can keep one and Jeff can throw the other one to the single guys at the reception.
The tote bags that will be used for the bridesmaid's gifts.
The adorable koozies I got for the girls from Monogram Me. She even threw in a special one for me!
Finally, our cake topper:
The cake topper and garter were ordered from Wedding Accessories.net
I also ordered my wedding shoes today from Zappos so I can get them dyed pink and break them in, and our unity candle from WeddingStar. I will post pictures as soon as the stuff comes in!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
2. Furniture Shop: I loooove Pottery Barn, but cannot afford it. We got some really nice stuff at Raymour and Flanigan
3. City: I'm not a huge city fan, but I guess NYC
4. Sweet: Lindt peanut butter truffles
Alcoholic- Mai Tais
Non-Alcoholic- Skim milk
6. Music: LOOOOOVE Elton John and 80's pop!
7. TV Series: The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Real Housewives, America's Next Top Model, House Hunters, My House Is Worth What?, Project Runway, Friends, Sex and the City
8. Film: Love Story always makes me bawl! I also love The Notebook and the Sex and the City movie!
9. Workout: I hate working out! When I actually do it, I power walk or do intervals of walking and running!
I tag anyone who hasn't done it yet!
Voting was so much fun yesterday! Jeff and I decided to walk to the polls in case there were too many cars there (there ended up being almost none). We had about a 30 minute walk on a gorgeous evening! It was so nice to just be together and chat! We got right in to vote, no line at all and then we went and grabbed a pumpkin muffin at Dunkin Donuts (which we had for dessert later) and sandwiches at Subway. So good! Once we got home, we watched the USA map and election coverage all night! It was so interesting to me, but I'm so tired today from waiting up late to hear McCain concede and Obama make his victory speech!
I don't talk politics a ton in real life or on here, but I will say that I voted for Obama. I think it's time for something completely different and I really feel he will do a great job uniting this country and cleaning up the mess. Regardless of who you voted for, I think it's time for everyone to support our new President, just like McCain said in his speech last night.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
November: Turkey with a veil
How cute are these? Each month, starting last month, on the 3rd, which is the "new month" for my wedding countdown, my bridesmaids (really my MOH Shannon, but it's from all of them) have been putting cute presents in my classroom! It's so nice to come in and have a little something to brighten up my day! I truly have the best bridesmaids and I am so lucky to have them!
I was not always so lucky with girlfriends. Growing up, I had a fair amount of friends, but a lot of the time, people would stab me in the back and take advantage of me, so I always wound up getting hurt and taken advantage of because I'm a nice person. I don't talk to many of the people I grew up with. I think I keep in touch with 5 or 6 total, and 3 of them are in my wedding party. It really wasn't until I started my teaching job that I found a lot of people that I truly connect with. There is no jealousy, we all respect each other, no one back stabs or leaves others out. Everyone is very supportive and thoughtful. At times, I can honestly say that I wait for all hell to break loose and have some of them turn on me like "friends" in the past did, but that day never comes, and I really feel like it never will. I am truly blessed to have all of my friends in my life and I am thankful for their friendship. I have 7 bridesmaids, and each and every one of them has been wonderful and supportive of me, and it gets a little overwhelming at times for me because for the most part, I am not used to having friends like that. I really see what true friendship is and I am challenged to be as good a friend as they are to me.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I found this on another blog and thought it would be fun!
1. Who is your man? Jeff
2. How long have you been together? Just about two wonderful years!
3. How long did you date? We've been dating just about two years and we got engaged in July.
4. How old is your man? He's 26. I'm 23
5. Who eats more? Jeff
6. Who said "I love you" first? He did. 3 weeks in. He was terrified that I wouldn't say it back, but I did!
7. Who is taller? Jeff by about 4 inches
8. Who sings better? Jeff
9. Who is smarter? I would say Jeff
10. Whose temper is worse? Mine
11. Who does the laundry? That would be me.
12. Who takes out the garbage? Jeff. I hate doing it
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jeff
14. Who pays the bills? Jeff for the most part
15. Who is better with the computer? Well - seeing how Jeff is a computer nerd as a profession - it would definitely be him!
16. Who mows the lawn? The landscapers the condo association hired!
17. Who cooks dinner? Almost always me!
18. Who drives when you are together? Jeff - he thinks I can't drive. He's right.
19. Who pays when you go out? Usually Jeff, but I treat him sometimes too!
20. Who is most stubborn? Me
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Probably Jeff
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Jeff's, even though mine are closer. Isn't that weird?
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me!
24. Who asked who out? He asked me
25. Who proposed? Jeff did of course!
26. Who is more sensitive? Definitely ME!
27. Who has more friends? I think I do! - but girls usually have more friends. Now that I think about it, at this point, he's good friends with all of my friends and their husbands/fianees/boyfriends too! We're probably even
28. Who has more siblings? Me! Jeff has one sister. I have two brothers
29. Who wears the pants in the family? I do, no question.