- My son. I've wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember and I am so happy that dream has finally come true! He is the greatest joy of my life and I absolutely adore him. Aside from his craptastic sleep, he is such a wonderful, easy baby, and he's always smiling and happy.
- My husband. Jeff has been such an amazing support for me, especially as I gave birth to Landon (I think he did every push right along with me for those 2.5 hours) and the first few horribly difficult weeks of breastfeeding afterwards. If it wasn't for him, I'm almost positive I would have quit breastfeeding and I would have missed out on such an amazing bonding experience (not to mention the ridiculously fast weight loss) because I didn't have the support I needed. I've never seen Jeff research something so in depth and he ran out to the store several times to get things I needed. He also sat with me through every feeding at first, making sure L was latched properly, that I was relaxed, etc. He's also an amazing father and Landon just loves him so much, as do I.
- Being able to stay home with Landon. I am so thankful and lucky that my husband has a job that allows us to still live comfortably and for me to stay home with our son. Being a stay at home mom is another thing I've always wanted to do, and I'm very happy that I can. Leaving L to go to work would be really hard for me.
- Our health- the 3 of us and our extended families are healthy and that's such a blessing.
- Our home. We do need a bigger space and will be getting this house ready to sell in early 2012, but I do love our little home. It's the first place Jeff and I lived in together, I helped him house hunt, decorate, pick furniture, etc. It's also the place we brought L to when we left the hospital and it will always have a special place in my heart.
- My friends, both new and old. I am not someone who has a ton of friends. I prefer to have a few really close friends than a bunch of acquaintances. I have branched out to make some more mom friends, and I am so glad I did because I was getting lonely and it's hard to only have friends in different stages of life than you. Having the support of other moms is huge, as is having girlfriends I can hang out with and have adult conversations.
- Our families. Yes, they drive us nuts sometimes, but we are very lucky to have amazing family on both sides. Especially with a new baby, everyone has been willing to help if I needed it (I usually refuse though. Control freak and I like to do it myself.), and it's nice to see how much everyone loves Landon (and us of course haha).
- Our church. We've been absolutely awful about going since I had Landon, but every time we actually manage to get there, everyone is so welcoming and sweet to our little family.
There are also some frivolous things I am thankful for:
- My iphone. It's gotten me through every night feeding and times where Landon has fallen asleep on me and I couldn't move to get my laptop. It's amazing how far cell phones have come from the first one I got at age 16.
- Target. I'm kind of obsessed with going there lately. It's hard not to spend hundreds every time. Same with Old Navy, another store I'm thankful to have near me.
- Starbucks- I can't drink caffeine without shaking, but I love their drinks made decaf. I also love the festive red holiday cups. They make me happy every year.
- Buffalo Wild Wings and Chili's- I just love going to both of these places. They have delicious food!
- Landon's nap times. I love them because I can get some housework done, screw around on the internet and/or relax and watch some TV. It's so important and nice to get a little "me time" during the day.
- My car. I drive a bright blue Nissan Rogue that I leased the day after Jeff and I got engaged. We just bought the car outright when my lease was up in October. I love this car so much, it was the first one I ever bought/leased myself. When the time came to either give it back and buy something new or keep it, Jeff said he hated the idea of giving it up and I agreed. Eventually we will need a bigger SUV, especially before baby #2, but for now it works. Jeff will take the Rogue down the line and I will get a new tank to drive :)
I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!