I'm not going to continue doing monthly posts about Landon, but when he hits some big milestones or does a lot of new things in a month, I will post about them. This will all come in handy when I get around to doing Landon's baby book hahaha!
Landon turned 13 months old on July 3rd.
* Landon says "no" in the appropriate context. He says "mama" correctly sometimes, and he also says "dat" to everything, so technically he's right lol. He's conversationally babbling a ton still.
* He says "mmmm" when he's eating or when he wants to eat.
* He's waving to everyone all the time, and he likes to point at things.
* He's wanting more independence and is trying to feed himself with a spoon. It's a very messy experience!
* He's finally using his push toys correctly and he runs all over the house with them.
* He can stand on his own for a good amount of time and he's doing it a lot. He's taken a few steps and I think he will be full-on waking soon. He still pulls up and cruises all the time.
* He's laughing at everything. That's not new, but sometimes now while he's playing he will randomly laugh. It's so funny!
* He loves to dance to pretty much any music. His favorites are songs from Queen, The Jeopardy theme song, and music from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
* He doesn't watch a ton of TV, but he likes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Octonauts, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
* He's using his toys appropriately now. He can work the nesting cups the right way, he does great with a latch board I got him, and he's trying to do puzzles. He can also do all of the shapes in his shape sorter, but he doesn't really care for that toy. It's nice to finally see him actually play with things instead of shoving everything into his mouth (he still does that too though!)
* He loves to push buttons, open and close things, and spin stuff.
* He also loves to put things in containers and take them back out.
* He will stack 2-3 blocks without assistance.
* He concentrates really hard when he's trying to figure something out. It's fun for me to watch him work it out.
* He likes to "read" his books independently. His favorites are the Usborne Touchy-Feely Books (The "That's Not My..." series), the "Little Blue Truck" books, and "Who said Moo?" When I try to read to him, he wants to flip the pages. He also loves lift-the-flap books.
*He loves going to the mall play area and the children's museum. We go to both at least once a week (the mall might happen more than once.) He also likes the train table at Barnes & Noble (pictured above).
* He gets frustrated when he can't do/have something and he's been throwing tantrums. The strategies from "Happiest Toddler on the Block" have helped us a lot so far. I need to watch the DVD or finish reading the book, but so far, so good.
* He was sick again a couple weeks ago with a 102.9 (at its highest) fever. It wound up being a cold and he's fine now.
* He's currently teething molars. These will be teeth 9 and 10 for him. It's made for some long days and nights for all of us.
* He had his first haircut a few weeks ago.
* He usually takes 1 nap a day now. He will wake up around 8:30am, go down for a nap 4-4.5 hours later, sleep 2-2.5 hours, then he's up until bedtime.
* If we're not home, he takes awful naps. He will sleep in the car or his stroller sometimes, but he gets really thrown off when our routine is different or non-existent that day.
* Now that Landon is weaned and we broke him of his "wake up at 12:30am every night no matter what" habit, he sleeps a good 11-12 hours straight. I am loving the fact that I get to sleep again! Teething or illness can throw this off.
This is SUCH a fun age! My favorite so far by a long shot! I don't like the tantrums, but that goes with the territory. It's really cool seeing what kind of person he is becoming, watching his personality develop more, and see him learn new things.