I can't believe Landon is 19 months old now! We're on the downward slope to age 2 and I don't know how I feel about that. I'm not gonna lie, this past month has really sucked in many ways. Landon was sick for a good portion of it, and he had all 4 canines come in which was miserable for all of us. He hit a major sleep regression and we've been co-sleeping more than we'd like when he wakes up super early and won't go back down even though he needs more sleep. Overall he's healthy and happy, and I am grateful for that, but oh my goodness! I know this isn't the last rough month we are going to have with him, but I truly hope this next month is better!
* Landon added the noises of a rooster and horse to his animal sounds and he does a gator chomp when we ask him what alligators do.
* He can identify the letters O, L, and M when asked. He knows all of his basic shapes and a color or 2.
* He will hold up 1 finger when we ask him how old he is. He tries to hold up 2 fingers when we ask him how old he is going to be.
* He loves pretend play! He "cooks" in his play kitchen and "eats" his food or feeds it to us. He loves playing with all of his fake food, "pouring" drinks, etc. He also likes his workbench, tools, hard hat, tape measure, and tool belt.
* He knows to blow his nose into a tissue, cloth, boogie wipe, etc. His execution isn't always successful, but he gets the concept.
* He loves musical instruments and he has a ton of them from Christmas. He especially loves his jingle bell on a stick, his wooden block with mallet, his drums, and his xylophone.
* He sings "lalalala" along to music or when we ask him to sing.
* His favorite books are "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" and anything by Sandra Boynton, especially "Barnyard Dance," "Birthday Monsters," and "Moo, Baa, LaLaLa."
* He is OBSESSED with the Imagination Movers on Disney Jr. He dances and sings to their songs, and he absolutely loves the show. In fact, he loves the show so much that when the end song comes on, he flips out and runs to the remote because he wants another episode on! We have a few from On Demand as well as a DVD, so he has several he can watch. He gets pissed when I don't let him watch another episode. We really only listen to their music in the car and Landon yells "dance" and claps to a lot of their songs while I drive. We want to take him to one of their concerts in the spring.
* He understands pretty much everything I say and is great about responding to commands.
* New words: stars, bus, and I think he's trying to say "bread" and "down"
* His separation anxiety is at an all-time high right now. For almost the whole month he flipped out when we left the room after we put him down for a nap or for the night. Sometimes we had to sit in there with him until he fell asleep which is not a habit I really want to start, but he would scream for hours if we didn't go in (However, in the past few days we've been able to leave him in there awake and he's been fine). He was waking up at crazy times like 2:30 am, so we were bringing him into bed with us at that point so we all could get more sleep. The past 4-5 days he has been back to his old self, but it was a rough few weeks for us!