What? How on earth do I have a 20 month old? Didn't I just give birth to Landon? I can't deal with the fact that he is going to be 2 in 4 months!
Anyway, this month was kind of uneventful. A lot of the same stuff as last month, but I will document the things that are new so I don't forget.
* He is very possessive of me. He gets pissed off if Jeff tries to hug me or touch me in any way. He also got upset when a friend's 2 year old daughter sat in my lap the other day. He stood near us screaming, then tried to push the little girl out of the way! She didn't move, so he squirmed his way into my lap as well. I think we're going to have some jealousy issues when I have another baby. Part of me thinks it's adorable that he wants me all to himself, but he will have to learn to share lol. I love my little Mama's boy :)
* Landon is getting really opinionated. He has 2 fleece jackets: blue and orange. He likes to choose which one he wears, and for a good portion of the month he acted like the blue one was full of razor blades if I tried to put it on him. I guess he prefers orange, which is a great color so why not?
* He continues to have tantrums. I know they're normal, and most days he's pretty good, but if he gets mad, watch out. He screams, cries, throws stuff, etc. but luckily he calms down pretty fast. I know a lot of it is because he doesn't have the words to describe his feelings yet, and I can't even imagine how frustrating that is.
* He's really into putting my shoes on and walking around the house in them. He especially likes my silver glittery flats. The kid has great taste :)
* He has added dog and cat sounds to his growing list of animal noises.
* He can identify numbers 1-3
* He will color with crayons on occasion, but he much prefers stickers.
* Sometimes he will "tell" me he pooped by getting me a clean diaper to change him. I know he's nowhere near ready to get into potty training yet, but this is a step in the right direction. He will also sit on his potty fully clothed. He doesn't like sitting on there bottomless or naked. I'm in no rush to force potty training. It's a battle I won't win, so we will wait until he's ready.
* Sleep is still kind of crappy. Naps are actually good, but he needs me to sit in there with him until he falls asleep. He usually gets up at least once a night and winds up in our room. Thankfully, he will sleep in his pack n play instead of our bed now, but I'm really ready for him to sleep through the night again in his own room. All 4 canines are in now and he's still showing all of his classic teething signs. This makes me think he is working on 2 year molars a bit early and that's causing sleep issues. God help me...
* His new words are "uh-oh" "more" and "boss." "Boss" is funny because I always tell him he does stuff "like a boss" so I guess he picked up on that and says "boss" now haha! He's also trying to say "I love you."
* He's still obsessed with the Imagination Movers and would watch them all day long if I let him. We listen to their music all the time though.
* Most of his favorite books can be found in my Books We Love post, but I recently got him books about construction vehicles, trucks, and trains by Byron Barton. They're colorful and have simple words that are easy for kids to understand. He enjoys them and we read them at least once a day.
* Overall, he is a happy kid and he's been such a joy. He loves reading and brings me books all day long to read to him. He likes when I read to him while he eats and we always read to him before bed. He's starting to play with his trucks more and he's pretty good at puzzles when he actually wants to play with them. He's also really into his musical instruments right now and his play kitchen. I think one of his absolute favorite things is roughhousing with his dad at night before bed. He has a lot of energy and loves to run around, climb, jump, etc. He definitely keeps me busy!