Another month has gone way too fast and my baby is now only 3 months away from turning 2!
* He has learned mouse, chick, lion, and toad sounds this month.
* He LOVES books. His favorites right now are "Hop on Pop," both "Little Blue Truck" books, and Dr. Seuss ABC's. I can't even tell you how many times in a row I read these books on a daily basis.
* He is getting really opinionated. He wants to pick out his clothes and which fleece jacket he wears. He also refuses certain foods now if he's not in the mood for them. He says "no" or "oh no!" a lot. He demands Imagination Movers music in the car, and I'm not even allowed to pause it when we go through the drive-thru like I used to do.
* We turned his car seat, so now he's forward facing. He's tall, so it was getting really hard to wedge him in rear facing. He LOVES facing forward because he can see all the trucks and stuff, but now every time I go through the Starbucks drive-thru I have to get him a tall ice water otherwise he gets upset. He can see what I'm doing now, so he wants in on the drink action. It's just water, and it's free so whatever.
* He's much more aware of what's going on and things that used to be fine bother him now. He had to get new shoes a few weeks ago and he acted like we were torturing him when we took his old shoes off, sized him, and put new shoes on. He also got upset during his 4th haircut a few days ago.
* With the exception of a fluke night here and there, his night sleep is so much better. Everyone is happier because of that.
* He's such a sweetheart and always offers his food and drinks to others. He gets kind of pissed if we say "no thank you" but he gets over it. He is also willing to share some of his toys with others without me asking him to.
* He's been so awesome in music class! He claps, stomps, pats his knees, etc. during songs when he's supposed to, and he's using the instruments appropriately as well. He's also making me get up and do more with him during class which is kind of funny. He used to not care if I sat and chatted with the other moms, now he will grab my hand and make me run with him a bit.
* He's much more interactive with other kids. He's not just doing parallel play anymore, he will actually go up to other kids and smile, laugh, and play. It's so cute!
* I love you (the best thing to hear ever and he says it unsolicited a lot)
* Oh no
* More please
* Size 5 diapers
* Size 6.5 extra wide shoes
* 2T clothes for now, but for the summer I got him 3T tops and 2T bottoms. He has a really long torso like me and he's tall like both of his parents, but he's thinned out a lot so the 2T bottoms are perfect.
* No clue on height or weight. I'd guess 30ish lbs, but I won't know for sure until his well visit in June.